Protecting the future of trails for all trail users
BSTRA is the largest 501c3 equine trails advocacy group in New England. Incorporated in Massachusetts in 1973 expressly for the purpose of trails advocacy, BSTRA continues to work towards the development of a statewide system of multi-use trails in Massachusetts. There is no other horse organization in the Northeast that even comes close to what we have achieved and what we are still doing. If you enjoy being out on the trails as much as we do, please join us to help protect, maintain and increase the trail systems in Massachusetts.
Our mission includes:
- Keeping access open to equestrian use.
- The creation of new and connecting trails.
- Promoting responsible use of trails.
- Preserving, clearing, rebuilding and maintaining trails.
- Encourage citizen participation in trail stewardship.
- Assist in the preparation of plans, surveys and studies to make recommendations.
- Educating our members on trail etiquette and safety for all trail users.
- Facilitating communication, cooperation and goodwill between trail users and landowners.
- Representing horseback riders interests and concerns to various land owning agencies.